Visit algica.com to learn more about Algica and to order a free sample!
Algica – a multifunctional skincare ingredient. Naturally high-tech
Algica, the algae-based non-nano amorphous silica material with unique and powerful properties developed by nature.
- Improved moisture retention by its ability to bind water, similar to hyaluronic acid
- Protects the skin from pollution
- Cleanses the skin by absorption of impurities, sweat and bacteria
- Rheology modifying properties
- Efficient carrier material that enables efficient uptake of vitamins and nutrients by the skin
- A future natural, non-toxic and environmentally friendly UV filter
- COSMOS Certified Organic
- Transparent on the skin
- Completely odor-free
- It is available as a dry powder and as a water-based cream. The dry material is preferable for oil-based formulations and serums, while the cream is easy to formulate into water-based formulations.
- The dry form is long-lasting and does not require preservatives
These properties have been tested in scientific studies and by our customers.Algica originates from the sea and is thereby completely safe for oceans and sea life. It is of great importance today to protect our fragile oceans from harmful and unnatural chemical substances that endanger life in the oceans.
More on the properties and origin of Algica
Algica, is the unique porous shell of an algae group called diatoms and has evolved for millions of years to ensure survival. The shell is naturally designed for uptake and release of chemical substances such as nutrients, vitamins and minerals. The abundance of hydroxyl groups on the shell surface, comparable to hyaluronic acid, helps the algae to efficiently regulate water levels. The shell also protects diatoms from UV light and pollutants.In personal care Algica can today be claimed as an efficient moisturizer, cleanser, rheology modifier, booster of other active substances and anti-pollution agent. Algica´s multifunctional properties can provide value in a wide variety of products where Algica can replace several ingredients in one product. Algica is today used in everything from face creams and face masks to serums.Additionally, Algica has UV light blocking properties. The UV light blocking effect has been confirmed in scientific studies by our team and published in the elite journal Nature. More studies are being conducted towards being able to claim these properties in personal care products. Our Research Read More About the Algae