Following on from our New Year’s update, here are highlights from the first quarter of 2019. If you’d like more detailed information, do reach out!
- One of our customers has launched a product with our material in it – we will share more soon.
- Another customer has committed to buy material for the first batch of a new product line.
- We’ve added many more leads to our sales pipeline, with dozens of customer tests in progress.
- Next week, our founders Sofie and Angela go to one of the world’s largest chemistry companies for their Tech Forum, to speak to research teams from around the world about our material’s properties. It’s a half day workshop where these research groups will figure out how they can use it in many areas of their business, with in-person meetings with each interested research group the day after. A great opportunity to sell our material to a range of industrial applications, most importantly in solar coatings.
- Last week Sofie and Harriet attended the fair in-cosmetics Global in Paris. We met with many brands and learned more about how to market to skin care, which will shorten our sales cycles significantly. The product visionary Mariel Brown spoke about the important future of algae in skin care.
- Press highlights include Sofie on TV, and she was also recognized as one of Sweden’s most powerful entrepreneurs by Sweden’s main business weekly, Veckans Affärer.
Production and research
- We had a production record last week in our pilot facility!
- Our patent lawyers have identified two additional patents on our cultivation process that will block other potential producers. We start the process of filing for the first of these in April.
- We have a new in-house research project on solar cell efficiency enhancement with Chalmers Industriteknik, financed through a BioInnovation grant of €50k.
- We have been sponsored with new equipment to our pilot facility. We are looking for more sponsors to lower our construction costs for our larger factory.